The electronic double wheel sensor, manufactured today by Pintsch Tiefenbach, ensures safe operation and is robust with a long service life. It is the basis for our complete system solutions for the rail, transit and other market applications.
- Contact-free operation by the wheel flange
- High life expectancy
- Robust construction and resistant to weather conditions
- Small physical dimensions
- Remains uninfluenced by rail currents, harmonics, radio interference, etc.
- No weakening of the rail due to installing the wheel sensor
Double wheel sensors are employed for example in:
- Axle counting systems
- Block signaling applications
- Train positioning
- AEI reader applications
- Speed measurement systems
- Point zone protection systems
- Approach and island overlay circuits
- Grade crossing protection systems