The AT5549 tag encodes the signal received from an Amtech-brand reader system with an identification number or a data message. The encoded signal is reflected (backscattered) back to the reader system.
- Used on railroad end-of-train devices
- Fully compliant with Association of American Railroads (AAR), American Trucking Associations (ATA), TransCore Super eGo ® (SeGo) protocols
- Compatible with multiple Amtech ® -brand readers
- Field-programmable using AP4118 Rail Tag Programmer
- 1088-bit user data storage
- Data encryption and authentication
- Permits exterior mounting in a compact weather-resistant, ultrasonically sealed case.
- Uses two small lithium batteries, compliant with U.S. DOT 49 CFR § 173.206(f) and ICAO (International) safety standards for unrestricted shipping.
- Provides an average tag life of 10 years under continuous use. Battery life is not affected by the number of times the tag is read or by RF fields from other sources.